Thursday, August 16, 2012

Handmade Wedding Gifts

My cousin got married over the weekend, and I spent the day before making her some handmade gifts.  I had seen through blogs and Facebook that she has an appreciation for Etsy items so I figured this was my chance to make some handmade gifts.

First, I made her a menu board for her kitchen.  They asked us to submit recipes for a surprise cookbook for her so I thought this would coincide well with her new cookbook.

I picked up the frame at TJ Maxx.  I also added a Velcro-on dry erase marker, wrapped in designer paper.  To "seal" the paper on the marker, I wrapped it carefully in packing tape.  Click the picture to see how I used many of my Stampin' Up! supplies to make this.

Lovely Letters Alphabet
Summer Smooches Paper
Limeade Cardstock
Limeade Ruffled Ribbon
Modern Label Punch
Word Window Punch
1 3/4" Circl Punch


Then I made them coordinating monogram cards.  This time I used my Broadsheet Alphabet Stamps.  I loved that G. 


Finally, I made a set of coordinating magnets using designer papers.  I also wrapped them in an organdy bag, but forgot to take a picture.


To make these, just pick up clear flat rocks and strong magnets at the craft store.  Punch out designer papers with your 1" circle punch.  Use Crystal Effects adhesive to put the paper onto the rock.  Then I SHOULD have sealed the back of the paper with more Crystal Effects, but I didn't.  Finally, hot glue a magnet onto the back of the rock, paper side.


And I wish I had taken a picture of the gift bag.  I just picked up a reusable shopping bag from TJ Maxx that was real decorative and matched their wedding colors.  I tied the straps together with a ribbon and also tied my card to the straps with another ribbon.


2 comments:

Mandy said...

yay! what a fun gift!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

this is a beautiful gift